For the last few years in December there’s been a celebration of all things small business in early December. This year it is on 2nd December. Initially it had a feel of focus on consumer facing businesses but increasingly all kinds of business are getting involved – including social enterprises and charities that trade.
It’s a good opportunity to promote what you do and also to find out about other small businesses in your area and see if you can find suppliers, collaborators and customers.
Here are some ideas for how you might get involved:
- Register on the website, and get your small enterprise listed
- Share a thank you for a small business that supplies you with on social media – they are likely to reshare and of course will be grateful to you
- Consider a special offer timed to the day, whether just for other small businesses or for anyone who quotes ‘small business Saturday’ or similar
- Put out a story about what you’re small business is up to and why being a small business works for you.
- Visit a small business that you’ve been meaning to buy from (Christmas shopping) and share what you’ve bought or what service you’ve used.
- Use the small business Saturday hashtag on twitter/tag on facebook etc to increase your social reach
- Consider getting together with other small businesses for a networking, peer training or peer event – this will make it more fun and again, increase the impact of whatever you do.
Do you have any other ideas? I’d love to hear them.